1864 lithograph by J. H. Bufford's Sons: "Bird's Eye View of Confederate Prison Pen at Salisbury, N.C."

Labeled buildings:
"1: Cotton factory
2: Old Blacksmith shop used as a Guard House and afterward as dead house
3: Old Well
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9: Brick houses used for Officers Prisons
10: Confederate Headquarters
11: Soup House
12: Hole from which Prisoners tunneled and escaped"